Samicat
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2023
1,590 hugs
given
Default May 25, 2023 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
What is CBD. They just passed new laws here. Currently edibles are legal but by July or aug everything is legal. So I’m interested in learning more. I tried the edible but was not impressed. What I’m interested in is finding out if it works for insomnia

CBD is a component of marijuana that doesn't get you high. Some people take it for anxiety or sleep. Any effect is very subtle - too subtle for me to notice it. However I do feel it helps me in combination withe the small dose of THC. I take full-spectrum CBD rather than pure CBD - you can look up the difference.

Studies of insomnia and THC are mixed. But most studies use a large dose. Also many studies are funded by the pharmaceutical industry so it may be to their benefit to find THC ineffective. I personally feel that if I microdose THC, I sleep better that night. But I don't take it right before bed.

I know that some people take alcohol to sleep, and it helps them fall asleep but disrupts their sleep cycle. I'm not sure if THC would have an effect on the sleep cycle. You can probably find studies about it.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. Anyone interested in marijuana use should do their own research. Always check with your doctor, especially if you are on other medications.
Samicat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Nammu