View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2023 at 06:23 PM

Struggling right now because my daughter is upset about her plans to see my parents being canceled. And then I told her she needed to keep her distance from me to stay healthy. This is triggering my feelings about being contaminated. I'm crying, but it's difficult because I'm wearing a mask. Trying to not really breathe out except into a tissue when I blow my nose. (They did say if she and H still test negative Sunday, they'd be willing to meet them at a restaurant outside. Not with me, of course!)

I wish I had tested this morning--assuming I would have tested positive then--so that I could have talked to Dr. T about this. Once he replies to my email, I want to ask if by some chance he has anything Sunday (he works about a half-day that day), but I doubt he does.

It really doesn't help that my mom was all like "We've been careful and sanitized for the past 3 years and have avoided getting Covid." Right, yes, but they've been eating in restaurants indoors for like 18 months, not wearing masks in stores, etc. It's not like they've just been holing up in their house. Plus, I mean, I avoided it for 3 years! That's a really long time, especially considering I have a relatively young child in school. So now I feel judged by her, too.

Sorry for whining--I know I probably deserve what I got for taking a risk...if this is even from the concerts (I had some sort of symptoms a couple days ago).

Hugs from:
NP_Complete, Polibeth, unaluna