Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy May 27, 2023 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
My goodness, that's a shock! I liked her music. She was great when she was with Ike ("Ike & Tina Turner"), though he was not a nice man personally. I loved two songs they did, even though they were remakes or cover. I Wanna Take You Higher (that was done by Sly & The Family Stone) and Proud Mary - Rolling On The River (done by Credence Clearwater Revival). I liked her solo We Don't Need Another Hero.
It was! She seemed to have so much ENERGY (just like Prince, another shocking death)! I believe she still performed in her 70's, in those heels. She seemed indestructible to me.

I didn't know that she was in an abusive marriage to Ike until I saw the movie, What's Love Got to Do with it? Angela Bassett was superb in it. As we can see, she didn't need Ike. She'd done alright. (Understatement I know!)

Yeah Turner's Proud Mary and I Wanna Take You Higher are more "robust" than the originals, though I love the originals too. (CCR recorded Proud Mary as I think they wrote the song too) But it seems Turner's version is more well known.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote