View Single Post
BillyTBum

Member Since May 2023
8 hugs
given
Default May 27, 2023 at 02:57 PM

I feel like CBT is something that would make sense when I get out of the annual cycle I'm in and back down to a point where my anxiety is something that only occurs when specifically triggered by certain things. When I hit this part of the year, they occur almost daily with no real rhyme or reason in areas that are usually "safe" just because I've grown accustomed to them - the anxiety cycle, as you call it, in a nutshell.

Thankfully, I do feel like I'm nearing that end. I actually managed to go a whole night on shift without having a panic attack last night for the first time in weeks... only to wake up in the middle of the day with one. Every so often, I'll experience what I can probably only describe as sleep paralysis - I wake up struggling to move and/or breathe. It's rare enough that I'm pretty sure it's not sleep apnea or anything other than just anxiety, but it's scary nonetheless.

I'm grateful to have found this place and hope that I can work this year on breaking that cycle once and for all.
BillyTBum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote