View Single Post
AnaWhitney

Member Since Jun 2015
357 hugs
given
Default May 27, 2023 at 06:00 PM

Advice wanted!
So I had a psychiatric evaluation, I was asked a lot of questions. I was not comfortable with the doctor at all but told myself to just go through the process as it’s not like I’ll have to see this person regularly and it will help my T know how to help me.
I answered everything as best as I could. I just told one mistruth when asked about ‘abuse’, I said no (I just panicked as I did not want to get into it with this doctor) A few questions later she asked how my sex life was and I sort of shut down because I’m weird about it and have never been able to engage in anything like that -my only experiences are CSA and I’ve never got over it) And since I panicked and said No to that question, I didn’t know how to explain so I looked away and finally managed a ‘does it matter?’ And she gave an abrupt ‘Yes!!’ And prompted me for an answer at which point I’m sure I dissociated. She said ‘Ok so I’ll take it you’ve never….?’ And I don’t even remember how I got out of it but I think the questions moved on when I didn’t engage
Anyway I know I was being unhelpful and stupid but I just wasn’t expecting that question. Why in the world would she need to know that? And what would have happened if I gave the correct answer (you know since it was supposedly so important)
And how the heck does everyone else cope with these sort of questions from someone who they aren’t even comfortable with? I feel like I totally failed to give the correct information about myself but I just couldn’t 🙈🙈
I wish I could talk to my T about it, but the shame will probably swallow me whole. I just want to know if I messed up the evaluation or if it even matters?
Any ideas welcome and needed ❤️
AnaWhitney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight