View Single Post
pliepla

Member Since Oct 2019
70 hugs
given
Default May 29, 2023 at 04:47 AM

I would definitely recommend any form of being creative* if you have that inclination- which could be anything like drawing, painting, singing, dancing, ... - can help you to express things you can't talk about or share with others in a more direct form. You don't necessarily have to do this with a therapist (although it may help to have somebody who challenges you or with whom you can discuss results) and also I have experienced that many psychologists are open to discuss issues that surface while being creative.

For me tango dancing helps me - trains me so to say - to get access to things that are normally buried deep down. It is a form of expression at the moment of dancin but in the end this helps me to express myself more easily in other circumstances.

* By being creative I do mean creating something of your own. I recognize that diamond painting, colouring books, crafts, ... that are often termed as creative can have a therapeutic effect (minimizing overthinking, a meditational effect, ...) but these, in my opinion, won't give you access to thoughts and feelings the way other creative activities do.
pliepla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01