View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 29, 2023 at 09:21 AM

for those with time difference confusion. in your profiles you set what your local time zone is.

then when you set your time zone that makes it so that everything on the site is time stamped in ..........your own ......time zone stamping that you have set.

for example my time zone is marked for eastern US. so now all the time stamps both what I post and what I see on others post is in my own time zone reference point. eastern USA.

if I set my profile time zone differently I will see all the time stamps differently than my own time zone reference point

to set your time zone go to your "Edit Options" scroll down to date and time options. set your time zone. scroll down, click on save changes.

the fastest way I find my edit options is by going to the top of the forum page and clicking on the "profile" tab, in the bar, then on the left side of the page that comes up I click on edit options.

After you set your "time zone" everything is translated into your ...own... time zone time stamping that you have chosen in your profile, regardless of what the posters time zone is.

everyone will see different time stamps because not everyone is located in the same time zone

example not everyone on the whole site lives in the eastern USA. some people who live in California or the UK. their time zone stamps that they see will be in pacific time zone and other stamping,

I see time stamps in eastern (NY) USA time stamping. thats three hours difference between california and NY.

so when my own time stamping for a post may say 7am. someone in California who has their time stamping set at pacific time will see the same identical post time stamped as 4am.

just set your time zones and everything on the site is automatically converted to your own time zone reference point that you have chosen in your profile. everyone will see different time stamps because they live in different places around the world in different time zones.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76