View Single Post
DeeeSchmeee68

Member Since Dec 2022
15 hugs
given
Default May 29, 2023 at 10:23 PM

I'm 55 year old female who was hired at a local convenience gas station. Upon hire I said my availability was Monday Wednesday Friday. After working a week I asked if I could sit down once in awhile ( I have arthritis and bakers cysts) and was told I need a doctor's note to do so. When a younger girl was in a car accident she was given a chair at the register. I got a doctor's note to be able to sit down when needed and was told I have to sit in the back room.

On Sunday she still hadn't posted the schedule for the week (I'm in NY) and I was told you know your hours for Monday you'll get the rest of your schedule then.

I will be moving in 30 days and have been asking my manager about being transferred to another location. She has been blowing me off saying I don't know if they have room, I'm not sure if they're the same company, I don't have time for this. So today May 29th I asked her again in front of two other co-workers can we please figure out who I need to talk to in order to be transferred to another store because I'm moving. She again gave me some vague answers and said we have to see if that store can take you and then we have to see if I can cover your shift here. And besides I know the manager there and I don't think she's going to want you because you have limited hours and you have to sit down. Let's not worry about this now you have time.
I feel targeted by her in other ways as well. There were two employees at the register and I asked them do you need me to stay up here and cash or can I go make coffee? The boy said no that's fine go make coffee which I did. While making coffee I began a conversation with a customer. After a while I heard someone saying hello hello hello hello repeatedly directed toward me because there was a customer at the register and I was expected to go back up and cash. Instead of calling my name and saying you have a customer.

Then my manager told us that she told another employee that we don't like working with her. I said why are you starting s*** I never said that, that's just going to cause problems. To which she said oh I'm sorry I didn't know you didn't say that I will tell her you didn't say that. I own up to that.

It's a ridiculous unprofessional immature work environment.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
DeeeSchmeee68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna