Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2023 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeeSchmeee68 View Post
And just so I can be clear:
The fact that my manager said she knows the other store's manager and that she wouldn't want me based on my disabilities would not be considered discrimination?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
She didn’t say they wouldn’t want you because of disability. She said because of limited hours

If they want someone working full time or a lot of hours or specific hours, then you might be a bad fit. Some people incorrectly assume or misunderstand that having disability means every work place must provide every accommodation you ask for etc Accommodations have to be reasonable. If I want to be a truck driver but want to be able to do the job laying down, they won’t hire me. You can’t do it laying down.

Having disagreements with co workers or management doesn’t fall into discrimination.

Why were you making coffee during work hours? Is this part of the task you are assigned? Do they want you to still keep an eye on the register?

There’s no way stores have non working numbers. How do they function? How far is this store? Maybe you can drive up?

Have you considered jobs that are not on
your feet?
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Molinit