View Single Post
DeeeSchmeee68

Member Since Dec 2022
15 hugs
given
Default May 30, 2023 at 05:14 PM

So I only took this job because I needed something in a hurry and she pretty much hired me on the spot knowing I was limited in my days. Due to my disability. I also have a doctor's note due to my disability stating I need to sit down occasionally.

So essentially yes she is saying the new manager will not take me due to my restrictive hours and needing to sit down occasionally which is due to my disability. I can work a full 8 hour shift but just need to sit down once in awhile. So her telling me she knows that manager and she won't hire me because of those two facts sounds to me like discrimination. This type of job is open 24 hours so they have all types of schedules for varying people. One guy only works two days a week

I was making coffee because that is part of my job. I was actually breaking it down which means washing and putting away four containers. There were 2 other associates at the register and I specifically said do you need me to stay up here or should I go break down coffee? I was told to go break down coffee. The fact that I was talking to a customer shouldn't have been an issue. It's not like I was talking for an hour. People go take cigarette breaks for 20 minutes or more and I don't smoke so I don't really see the issue why I was singled out and yelled at hello hello hello! When there was two other able-bodied associates behind the register.

I didn't plan on staying here very long and the other store I wanted to transfer to is not as busy and doesn't have the gas station portion.
Since everyone at that location from the manager on down walked out they are trying to get people to work there. So it seems to me they would be desperate to hire people who can work any schedule. The entire staff is gone and they are slowly but surely hiring new people.

And absolutely if the shift that I'm available is full by now that's fine. But how do I know?The fact of the matter is my manager wouldn't even ask the other store or give me directions on how to transfer or a number so I could speak to someone to see if that shift is full. She just told me straight out that they aren't going to want me. She didn't talk to anyone she didn't inform me of how to proceed nothing. And when you are trying to hire all new people for a 24-hour store I kind of figured my chances would be good at getting in there. Because every position and every shift would be open at that point.

I don't know why they aren't answering their phone I don't know why it goes to voicemail but they will not pick up their phone when I called today 20 plus times.

I absolutely have considered a job where I am not on my feet all day but in order to get a job you have to have a job. So I'm applying for many different jobs close to my new apartment

I do not have a car so that's why I wanted the transfer

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
DeeeSchmeee68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote