View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 31, 2023 at 04:22 PM

That's blunt, but there needs to be standards set in what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior and treatment of you.

I recall when my ex husband first started yelling at me. I told him I would only marry him if he promised not to yell ever again. What happened? He waited until 3 days before our wedding to explode on me in a sheer rage. I almost broke up and walked away then and should have. But I didn't. I chose to give him a chance and rolled the die. Well, after marriage, the yelling and screaming, knock down drag out most toxic fights ever ensued from there, almost on a weekly basis. I knew it was toxic, I would put my foot down often and would tell him, this is unacceptable. I was stuck in a bad situation due to finances unfortunately.

He also berated me. I was in a highly toxic and abusive marriage that lasted nearly four years, because he kept promising change and dangling the change carrot in front of me.

This guy? His behavior and treatment of you should be deemed as entirely unacceptable. He does not treat you with respect, which is what is necessary in a HEALTHY relationship. I would get out now before it gets worse. Statistically, abuse ALWAYS escalates over time, and that has been my experience as well.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote