nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,114 hugs
given
Crazy Jun 02, 2023 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
I can understand wanting to have birthday parties as a kid, I loved them when I was a kid and it's perfectly normal even though I didn't have friends to invite. Also I agree it's very phony when coworkers do it, that's fine if they want to bring food in for everyone to eat and at times I'll admit it's actually pretty good but the actual "birthday celebration" attached to it is forced and insincere. I also don't like fishing for attention either since it really does come off as looking for attention when you start telling everyone that it's your birthday, it makes you sound desperate and immature even if that's not your intention. I want anyone who does wish me a happy birthday to do so in an honest way because they actually remembered and they care, not because I told them which puts them on the spot and make them feel obligated to say something.
All true. I don’t tell people my birthday unless they ask. But then sometimes they expect me to tell them about my big plans.

I also want just sincere wishes and not obligatory wishes. And to remember on their own, without being told.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15