Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 02, 2023 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogladaid View Post
My dietician recommends to me to eat more often. Like breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. I’ve been eating more snacks and I don’t find myself ravenous or weak anymore. Maybe you just need to eat more snacks?

What does a typical meal look like? I mean you’re not purposely restricting but it’s easy to fall into small ‘healthy’ meals that are lacking carbs and protein.

Wouldn’t hurt to think about and try something different.

I hope your blood tests work out fine. Even if you have diabetes it’s very manageable I hear. You’ll be fine no matter what happens! I believe in you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Yes I’m wondering also if I’m just not eating properly even though I feel I’m eating regularly. I might not be eating enough of the food groups like you said protein and carbs etc

Usually my meals are like very simple single type of food, like I’ll have some pasta with sauce or oatmeal and a banana, or some chicken nuggets. Yeah not the best. I need to work on getting more balanced with the food groups and I probably do need to eat snacks because currently I only eat 3 meals a day and no snacks. So I’m guessing going 4-5 hours between meals isn’t great. I mean maybe some people can but clearly I need to eat more often if I’m having this issue.

I do notice on days I make an effort to eat two snacks between my three meals I tend to not have the issue of the shakiness and throwing up.
Regardless it will be good to have the diabetes ruled out since it’s been a couple years since I’ve had blood work done and I want to be 100% sure it’s not it since it does run pretty rampantly through one side of my family, and the APs and their metabolic effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi