Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 02, 2023 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogladaid View Post
I’m not a dietician but I would say you need to eat a bit more. Especially focus on things like complex carbs and protein. Maybe try adding something like a meat sauce or meatballs with your pasta and sauce. And having some veggies or potatoes with chicken nuggets. Try having some nuts or even a side of eggs with your oatmeal. Like if you’re having salad add chicken.

And snacks, yea. Like cheese and nuts or fruit and nuts. Granola bars. Protein bars. Veggies and hummus or ranch or tzatziki. Fruit and cottage cheese or something.

My dietician talks a lot about adding fiber too so like flax seeds with yogurt. Flax seeds in smoothies. Maybe a protein powder in smoothies. She also suggests for snacks have a balance of protein and carbs. Like I suggested above.

Protein will keep you fuller longer. Simple carbs like sugar or pasta go through your body pretty quick and leave you hungry pretty quickly.

I know with a limited budget it’s hard but I’d suggest to at least try to get more protein. And larger sizes of fruit and veg or complex carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you I appreciate the tips, I will work on doing all that I did used to make protein smoothies with fruit, almond milk, and protein powder and that always helped keep me full between meals for example. Those are all good ideas, I’m going grocery shopping on Monday so I’ll add some of that stuff to my list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi

Thanks for this!
Angelique67