SquarePegGuy

SquarePegGuy is tired

3 yr Member
47 hugs
given
Default Jun 03, 2023 at 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightful View Post
Mostly I'm happy that the roof is done. But there are a few icky things. When they guys were banging away removing dry rot from the roof, they knocked a photo off the wall and broke the frame. They knocked hard enough that the picture fell off the wall. It's a six-dollar frame. So it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm bummed a bit. Also, the guys were in my back yard because they had to clean up all the junk that they knocked off the roof. That's a good thing. But then I noticed one of the guys coming back from the back of the yard and wondering what he was doing there. And then I figured it out. Yuck. I did offer them the use of my bathroom, but only once.

Note: I know none of this is a big deal.
Congrats on the new roof! Ours was leaking in a few spots in 2016. There was one small spot where the decking warped and caused a hole to develop. So I know the relief of getting that over with. Just watch out for nails on the ground and in the gutters.

The tidbit about one guy in the back of your yard reminds me of former landscapers. We noticed a few times they were strolling around the wooded part of our property. This after they put their machinery back onto the trailer. It took my wife and me a couple of seasons to realize they were foraging for mushrooms! Last year I identified five different choice edible varieties -- a record. But since I just got over COVID and I'm slightly allergic to them, I didn't risk eating any.
SquarePegGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote