View Single Post
ArmorPlate108

Member Since Mar 2022
981 hugs
given
Default Jun 06, 2023 at 09:11 PM

Hi again, Billy,

Are you talking about intrusive and obsessive thoughts that are scary and you can't seem to stop?

If so, that was absolutely the worst symptom of anxiety IMO. That was what I was dealing with when it felt like I was getting to a breaking point .

The lady I referenced above says that unwelcome obsessive thoughts are the mental equivalent of a musical earworm. That, especially if you are exhausted, they will get stuck in there and it feels like there's nothing to do to get rid of them. And the more you try not to think about them, the more they stick there.

If it gives you any hope, there was a point where I was dealing with that sort of thing constantly, and now it's something that comes up very rarely. And when it does, it means I need to stop doing anything unnecessary and rest until they go away, but breaking the initial cycle was rough.

It's hard to function without coffee . I feel for you. But good for you for doing what you know you need to do.

Dang, you're right, excitement does overlap with anxiety in a way. Hopefully once you learn to manage the anxiety, the ability to feel excited about things in a good way will resurface.

That's really great to hear that you feel like you are doing better. There is so much hope for healing through and managing anxiety. At one point I was someone who would circle back around the block once or twice in near panic to make sure the garage door was closed, now I'll drive off and leave it open by accident, and don't even care when I come home and find it was open . Desensitization can be a wonderful thing.

How is your girlfriend doing? Any idea how long she will be in the hospital?

Positive thoughts for you both.

Keep on keeping on.
ArmorPlate108 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
BillyTBum