View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 07, 2023 at 04:20 PM

Iīm in an employment program for people who are unemployed and have some kind of physical or mental disability. Iīm diagnosed with depression and anxiety since some years ago.

I see a social worker within this program and there are also career coaches and several other people to help people find jobs and/or activities.

The problem is that those people donīt have the knowledge about mental health conditions more than the average person does and as I havenīt got the treatment I need, I react to things they perhaps see as odd or "unneccesary". That is, I sometimes get disappointed or feel they donīt understand me.

The whole situation makes me feel Iīm perhaps overreacting and my social worker thinks like itīs just to "think differently" or "act differently". She doesnīt understand what my feelings and behavior come from and she gives me tips about how to think and questions why I react to certain things.

I canīt change social workers and the problem is the same whomever I see in this unemployment program as theyīre not there for giving treatment but to search for jobs. But I have my mental health condition and it follows me everywhere, of course.

Does anyone have any support or thoughts on this?
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, lizardlady

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul