View Single Post
Blueowl

Member Since Jul 2022
142 hugs
given
Default Jun 07, 2023 at 09:19 PM

I would say people who do this, and it's not because they're having a bad day, may be due to the fact that they consider you at a lower importance level. This is not a reflection of you or your worth, rather a reflection of them.

This happens to me at work all the time. As I've gotten older, i consider such people immature and not wise. I try not to let it bother me unless they can influence my career. And when it comes to this, it's either a waiting game until they leave or I start looking for other opportunities.

I work in a rather "traditional" field where most people are older than me and have wives who have stayed home and raised their families. Which, is commendable. I don't think SAHW or SAHM get enough praise for what they do - unpaid labor is hardly valued. But, in turn, rather than engage in intelligent conversations about what I do for a living, men comment on what I wear, my shoes, about my hair, etc. I wish they would show interest in what brings me to that place. I would never think to comment on some guy's pleated gray pants... or velcro shoes.

Find your tribe
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, jesyka, rdgrad15