Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 08, 2023 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogladaid View Post
Yeah I went religiously to the gym for four years and because of COVID stopped going for three years so it was rough start to get back to it last month.

Don’t push yourself and don’t feel bad! I was having trouble getting myself up again but my doctor gave me some advice to just try to carve out some time at first. Like just standing by an exercise machine for 15 minutes is a start because you’re carving out the time.

Motivation is hard I really get that. I struggled a lot and sometimes still struggle with some things to do with motivation. Like brushing my teeth, showering, and like today - working.

I don’t know if I would call myself inspiring but I thank you for that compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that makes sense, I have a tendency to do things all or nothing. So I get in the mindset that if I don’t get on the treadmill for 30 minutes then I might as well not do it at all. It’s a stupid mindset to have. I just need to start building consistency again even if it’s 10 or 15 minutes. Just continually show up. I always feel better after exercising so I don’t know why I put it off so much. I think it’s just a motivation thing maybe, like I’ve been going through a huge motivation struggle the past several weeks. It’s so hard to get myself to even clean my apartment and sometimes hard to shower even if I need to. Normally I’m super motivated. I don’t know why I’ve been like this the past few weeks. I just can’t seem to get myself moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this!
cogladaid