View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 08, 2023 at 01:20 PM

I am sitting here waiting for the next 45 minutes until my interview. I am nervous since I haven't interviewed in weeks and feel out of practice. This agency has mainly positive employee reviews online, although multiple reviews mention a clique-ey culture. They say that you cannot move up within the company unless you're part of the "in" crowd. That is a deterrent for me, but I am no longer in a position to be so picky. At this point, I need a job... I am willing to bend on some things if necessary, but I truly pray that the next role I take is in a healthy work environment. My last company was also very clique-ey and I wasn't a part of the "in" crowd there. I was a definite outsider given my leave of absence and change in job responsibilities. The role before that? I felt pretty integral and very much a part of my team. I think my personality, attitude, and humor were appreciated there.

But yeah, if you can't be promoted unless you are a part of the "in" crowd? Makes me think I would have to figure out who that involves and become chummy with them right off the bat.

~4 Non Blondes

Hugs from:
Samicat

Thanks for this!
rechu