View Single Post
TheGal
Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2022
673 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2023 at 07:16 PM

I have a degenerative disk in my back which also affects my hip as well as causes groin pain. I couldn't walk without a cane at one point. The emerg doc gave me anti-inflammatories, my family doc told me to go to physiotherapy... the physiotherapist suggested an X-ray to pinpoint the issue, so the doc ordered one. I had it done.

The thing is is that I tend to blow health issues up in my mind. I don't know if it's the OCD I have or what, but my mind goes to the worst places and causes me needless worries.

I can commiserate with you.

On one hand, I'd suggest less googling medical issues... and instead speak directly to your doc about your worries... do you have a psychologist to talk to? That also might help, along with CBT techniques.

I really don't think you have cancer from the X-rays you had; however, antioxidants are pretty much always good, so keep on with the appropriate foods.

You also might want to explore the book called The Juicing Bible. Not only are there recipes for juice you can make, but there's also descriptions of the components of veggies and fruit, such as contains vitamin E, or is an antioxidant, etc. But the old adage everything in moderation might be appropriate...

Try not to worry... I know that is easier said than done... But really, try not to worry... have an antioxidant-rich juice and go for a walk.

Hugs, if wanted.
TheGal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote