View Single Post
SquarePegGuy

Member Since Mar 2020
48 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2023 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightful View Post
Relocating sounds exciting - and daunting, Square Peg. Any idea where you're going?
Not exactly, but we'd stay without about a 20 minute drive to my workplace. I'd prefer an apartment so I don't have to deal with taxes, association fees and any maintenance. But my wife's helper is always saying how wonderful her condo is. This is a dauntlessly cheerful woman who'd put a positive spin on hell. My wife is looking for "community," but I think that once she's surrounded by neighbors she'll find at least one to be annoyed with.

She hasn't lived in an apartment or townhouse before. I have. I'd hear the guy above me snoring. The neighbors across the hall couldn't pay the electric bill for a while so they plugged an extension cord into the main hallway and used that for a while. Plus they'd run out of toilet paper or something. And the guy above them was in recovery and was a chain smoker, so the outside air reeked of cigarettes.

There will need to be significant financial benefit for me to go back to that kind of environment.
SquarePegGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote