View Single Post
TheGal
Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2022
676 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2023 at 08:37 PM

stillhuman, I am so very sorry you were abused by your brother and also by your family.

You explained the situation so well and you have a good handle on the dysfunctional dynamic. You write so very well.

Clearly, you've been re-victimized by your aunt (and uncle!) which is abominable. But that is her short-coming and not your fault. It is not you fault. You absolutely do not need to remain in contact when you've been treated so poorly and "gaslighted" as well.

It's good that you are in therapy... I responded to your other post about being stalked by your family. And I know you're going to do some CBT for trauma.

You are such a good writer and that could be quite key as a skill to help you sort out any confusion, as well as finding the time and space to grieve.

You have every right to be angry. Write about it. Sublimate your suffering through creative pursuits. Have you thought about writing a short story? You have insight into character.

As you suggested, disown your aunt: she is a part of a very perturbed dynamic from what you've described. She is not empathetic to you. You deserve better!

Talk to your therapist about how you feel guilty when disclosing. She / he could no doubt reassure you that you shouldn't feel guilty.

Again, it's not your fault.

Take very good care of yourself. Eat well, exercise, sleep... all acts of self-care...

Keep well and keep on writing!
TheGal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Stillhuman