View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 10, 2023 at 05:03 AM

Yesterday, I sent a rejection letter to the agency with which I just interviewed. I had a negative gnawing feeling in my gut about the company, after reading numerous reviews telling me that they are very clique-ey and that you can't move up unless you're in the "in" group. Screw that. I am not one of those insider types of people, and I know I would struggle there as I already have within a clique-ey work environment. I am very much my own person and march to the beat of my own drum. I don't do cliques or popularity contests. lol... I go to work, I do my work, and I go home. I also don't need to be working in an environment that is so young, with mainly 20 and 30 year olds. Given that and the cliqu-ey culture, I know I wouldn't fit in there.

Also, it's nearly the anniversary of my father's death. Next Friday the 16th is my dad's anniversary. I have been crying more lately, thinking of him and the loss of him. I miss my dad sooo much. He should have lived well into his 90's. His life was cut short.

And yes, I had trouble with him when I was younger, but as a grown adult, he improved and became more supportive of me. He wasn't perfect, but he did improve, so I must give him credit for that.

I just miss him. My mom is missing him a lot too.... and my sister rarely talks about it.

This is not an easy time for me. I am doing OK overall though. In fact, given the challenges I face, I think I am doing pretty well. I try to stay positive every single day.

Also, I may have my first life coaching client! That's exciting. I am waiting for him to get in touch with me.

~4 Non Blondes

Hugs from:
Bill3, Samicat