View Single Post
TheGal
Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2022
667 hugs
given
Default Jun 11, 2023 at 02:37 PM

A friend told me that in any healthcare professional group, including social workers and therapists, you're going to find 20% top-notch, 60% average, and 20% that suck.

I'm sorry that your social worker isn't taking into account your mood.... I think to take a moment to acknowledge your depression and anxiety and to have empathy goes a long way in helping a person adjust to a new reality such as trying to get a job.

If you're feeling hurt and it's blocking you from working with her effectively, there might be a place for a conversation.

Or get that empathy and acknowledgement elsewhere.

Your social worker may not be personally equipped to offer you that, though, due to training (or lack thereof), personality, and/or mandate. Keep in mind that she might face systemic challenges in trying to get as many people back to work as possible. In other words, her bosses or management may be keeping statistics and she doesn't have the time to offer psychological counselling in the context of job hunting.

I hope you feel better and can find a job that makes you happy.

Btw, have you ever done the Myers-Briggs or Jung personality test that can help you identify which jobs or even relationships make you happy?

Also, you may want to list your core values to make sure you find a company and friends even that fit with you as a person.
TheGal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear