View Single Post
Yaowen
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2020
6,475 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2023 at 12:04 PM

I'm so sorry these things are happening to you. I've heard that it can take five to six weeks for full symptom relief from antidepressants and that even this timeline isn't written into stone.

Is this your first antidepressant? What were the symptoms of your depression and have any of these improved? How is your sleep and appetite, for example? Is it better than before?

Some side effects from antidepressant can eventually diminish and go away. Others can hang on. I am on Celexa and experience some side effects even after decades of use. I find these more tolerable than depression itself which was absolutely brutal.

Are you under any stress? External stressors in home or work life? Health stress? Money stress? Internal stressors like high expectations, perfectionism and so on. These can inhibit the effects of antidepressant meds as you probably already know.

If you got full remission of depression symptoms but still had the side effects you mentioned, would that be a tolerable trade off for you or would you want to try a different med?

Depression is awful but some med side effect can be dealbreakers when it comes to meds.

So very sorry that I do not know how to be helpful to you in this. Hopefully others here will see your post and respond with practical and really helpful ideas!
Yaowen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote