View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jun 13, 2023 at 12:06 PM

I hope they're good dreams. Hamlet was a moody sort. But then, he had reason to be.

Barbara Sher once wrote that there are three stages of excitement. When you start a new project, everything is wonderful, and you're floating on cloud 57 looking down at cloud 9 far below. The second stage is when reality hits, and you crash and realize that you can't do anything right. The third stage is earthbound with reality all around you where you actually live your dream and do the work involved. Lately, I've been bouncing back and forth between stage 1 and stage 2, spending an inordinate amount of time in stage 2. At the moment, my plans for a website are in shambles; see all the rants I've posted about fighting with the internet and with my computer. Last Sunday, I got some really good critique. She pointed out two problems with Through Unfamiliar Waters, yesterday and today, I figured out how to fix them. - Lot of work, but would be worth it. I don't like my cover for TUW anyway, so this would be a good time to make it what I really want it to be. (This is cloud 57 stuff.) Meanwhile, a friend helped me set up a website. When we got to the point where I really needed help, he said I was well on my way, and he had to go. Then I couldn't get into my WordPress program, and then I couldn't find the site I was working on, and WordPress told me to pick a domain site. (So far below ground that I couldn't see daylight.) If I really want this to happen, I need to do a lot more work than I'm doing and quit finding distractions. I used to work for a living. I know what it feels like to put in a good day's work. So. I'm going to post the steps that I need to do to accomplish my goals (Finish Refuge and Warm Tea. Get my website done. rewrite TUW. Post on Facebook, Keep posting. Keep writing. etc.
Barbara's three stages seems like a good description of manic/depression, and I think most of us are a little manic/depressive. I.e. we all get excited, and we all get down. The problem comes when the emotions spin so out of control that they get in the way of our happiness and productivity.
So, I'm going to post some steps and use that for accountability.

For today,:

two hours writing.
try looking in top left corner of WordPress for my website.
lunch with Peggy if she's up to it.

Tomorrow: blood test
write for two hours.
post on Facebook
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote