Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smirk Jun 14, 2023 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
I know. And I thought getting older meant more maturity.

Someone on Goodreads told me she has a lot of likes because she has a lot of followers from writing reviews. (The subject of the thread was writing reviews, and I posted I hardly do it because I don't get any "likes" from my efforts. Yet someone who writes one line gets hundreds)

But writing reviews doesn't automatically mean you get followers or likes. She then sends a "friend" request, "follows" my reviews (of which I rarely write), and a group "invite". That's laying it on thick and seems so fake that I'm not doing any of that. With her 344 "friends" she doesn't need more and I'm sure she wouldn't even notice I didn't click "accept".

I'm a bit off topic, but it's still among the lines of someone saying or writing something and getting all these thanks. Yet someone writing something similar doesn't get them. It happens here, it happens on other forums.

Anyway your posts always look like I could have written them! It's uncanny. They always resonate with me.
Yeah unfortunately it happens everywhere both online and in person. I’m glad you can relate to them.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl