View Single Post
DigitalDarkroom

Member Since Jun 2023
73 hugs
given
Blush Jun 14, 2023 at 09:06 PM

I know this is an older thread but I am always shocked when I read about Ts taking that much time off. (Which seems to be the norm in the UK??) People in therapy need consistency…especially if they are doing trauma work. How is safety established if T is leaving every 5-6 weeks?? And when they take 3-4 weeks off at a time? I know they need time away but normal vacation time is 2-3 weeks a year and usually not in a row!

My last T was always taking time off. She was very inconsistent and it was impossible for me to even get comfortable with her. It caused a lot of ruptures. We talked about them but they never fully resolved because she didn’t change. She didn’t care that her behavior was distressing to her clients. I finally fired her but it wasn’t as soon as I should have.

(My current T barely takes a week off every year. (She’s on vacation now, it’s only for a week and it’s her first one in a year and a half!) She’s never gone during the holidays because she knows that time of year is hard for so many. She even works on Christmas day.)
DigitalDarkroom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight