View Single Post
Anonymous45709

Default Jun 21, 2023 at 09:56 AM

Sometimes "standing up for yourself" is SIMPLY WALKING AWAY AND REFUSING TO ENGAGE WITH OVERLY AGGRESSIVE, HOSTILE, DISRESPECTFUL INDIVIDUALS.

Having that "perfect comback", using the "perfect phrase" to shut someone up, having confident posture and eye contact, embarrassing them in public, blah blah is great and all, but doesn't ALWAYS WORK. Sometimes a person will go back and forth with you just BECAUSE you DARED stand up for yourself. They will argue and continuously disrespect you in the process because you spoke up.
(Or maybe even gaslight you. "You're over reacting/why are you so angry?/You're so defensive". Sound familiar?) It's ALL MADNESS. It's INSANE.

In this situation, that typical advice from the magical communication gurus helps NOTHING. There is NOTHING you can say to people like THAT to make them shut up and understand you won't stand for how they treat you. They will do it over and over, getting MORE AGGRESSIVE and DISRESPECTFUL no matter HOW you CONFRONT them.

You CAN stand up for yourself by saying NOTHING. By not engaging with their foolishness. You don't have to play these games!! Don't think for a second remaining silent and walking away makes you "weak" or a "target". It shows you know what IS AND ISN'T WORTH YOUR ENERGY. It gives you POWER over the situation. You disengaging means you've WON and gotten a valuable prize - your RETAINED SANITY.

Never regret walking away!! Save your energy! Not everyone suddenly respects you after you verbally stand up for yourself. There will always be people who won't respect you NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY TO THEM.

Sometimes you NEED TO REMAIN SILENT AND WALK AWAY to show how much RESPECT you have for YOURSELF, your time, and how you won't tolerate being treated like crap!

And trust me, walking away from them like they're pointless speaks WAY LOUDER than arguing for respect. Before you know it, they’ll be avoiding YOU not only because you're not giving them fuel, but because you're making THEM feel what they keep trying to make everyone around them feel - like NOTHING.

Just thoughts I had to get out - I'm so fed up right now.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
moodyblue83, mote.of.soul, Samicat, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Blueowl, eskielover, indigo1015, moodyblue83, Open Eyes, Revenge Tour, Samicat