View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 23, 2023 at 04:59 AM

I was going to take a break from here.. I do need a break... there's too many upsetting things going on in my life.

However, I have got to get this out.

I went to a two-day concert with a new female "friend". I hardly know her and had road tripped with her once before, but I thought she was cool and that we'd have an amazing time together, two single females.

We had a great time on the first day of the concert with no incidents. Fun time!

However, on the second day of the concert she got really drunk. Then I learned that she is in fact, an angry and mean drunk at that.

Out of the blue and over seemingly nothing (I told her we had to move spots because staff were telling us to move), she became irrationally irate with me.... she became enraged. I tried to calm her down and tried to use reason and logic, but she kept escalating and was raising her voice and yelling at me. I saw sheer rage in her eyes! It was actually quite scary!!

I finally broke and got angry in response and told her she was being a biatch.

She then abandoned me at the concert, leaving me to find my own way back to our car in one of the many parking lots! She took off.

There were 25,000 people at this concert....

I was SO distraught and upset that I left the concert after only 5 songs. I missed the rest of the show and wandered around lost, trying to find our parking lot.

I called friends in a panic, asking how I could get home without her. But my belongings were at the hotel where we were staying.

One young man decided to take me under his wing. He helped me to find our car and hung out with me for a couple of hours. He was very kind, very gentle, sweet, and very loving. I was so grateful for his help.

After the show ended, I met up with her at the car. Because of what had happened, she wanted to drive 3 hours home that night, and I said no way, let's stick to the original plan and leave first thing in the morning.

The next day we were polite with one another, but when I tried to calmly discuss what happened, she turned it all around on me and blamed me for the falling out because I had called her a biatch.

I told her there was a problem long before I said that to her, that she had turned on me, became enraged for no good reason, and abandoned me at the show. She denied there ever was a problem!

We drove the 3 hours home being polite to each other. When she dropped me off at my home, I said, "for what it's worth, thank you". She had paid for the hotel and both concert tix.

Well, then in the following days when I spoke with her recent ex boyfriend, he confirmed that she had done the same exact things to him numerous times. So, his experience validated my own. She is an angry drunk. It's like a switch gets suddenly flipped inside her after so many drinks.

I will steer clear of this woman. I am never going away for a weekend with someone I hardly know or to a concert with someone I barely know ever again. Lesson learned.

I was in shock for a couple of days over her behavior.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jun 23, 2023 at 06:11 AM..

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul