Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,950 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Jun 24, 2023 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June08 View Post
Hi everyone! I am hoping to pick your brains.

Because writing is helps me process the traumas (including childhood emotional neglect), of my childhood. I have been invited to write a reflection, or something else of my choice, about neglect to be posted in an e-newsletter. If you were reading something about emotional neglect, what would you wish to "hear" from it?

Or, on the flip side, what do you wish people knew about neglect?
To "hear" from it, that this is a "legitimate" thing and not one's imagination. Until I found this forum, I didn't know there was such a thing. And it was what I experienced growing up. This vindicates me. And to hear it's more common than what our culture wants you to know or believe.

Wish what people knew: I've grown up with no validation, affection, or acknowledgement. I didn't get heard, so LISTEN to me now. Don't talk over me, interrupt me, or expect me to send a second email or leave a second voicemail because there was no response the first time. I certainly won't put up with anyone's bs anymore. I could use a hug, as didn't get those either.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Last edited by nonightowl; Jun 24, 2023 at 05:26 PM..
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear