Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Lightbulb Jun 25, 2023 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
snip: I also baby my car...I don't do the greatest job keeping it clean, but I am adamant about making sure it is serviced on a regular basis. Even my mechanic is impressed with how well I take care of it, and it's a simple Nissan Versa.

always, always, always keep your tank full or half full. Because if there's a major emergency and you need to flee, you'd be SOL you don't have enough gas to make it to safety.
So do I and I get compliments from mechanics and car wash guys.

That's a good idea about the gas tank, but honestly I don't know where I'd flee TO? I have images of gridlocked roads as people try to flee but nobody knows where to go.

I keep a few paper towels in my gym bag in case they are out of paper towels. I use them to wipe my sweaty face and neck, and I don't like the wet wipes they now have around. (I can only find DRY paper towels in the locker room now)

I keep extra change in my car for a pay phone even though they are practically non-existent, in case I don't get a signal for some reason. And enough cash to buy at least 2 gallons of gas, for some kind of emergency and plastic won't work. I still keep an old school Thomas Guide around too, since technology doesn't always work the way it should. Or it could be down.

Fire extinguisher in the kitchen, hopefully I'll never need to use it.

1/2 tsp. ground ginger in 8 oz. hot (not boiling!) water will soothe nausea or upset stomach.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote