View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,117 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 27, 2023 at 05:28 PM

I guess I'm already there now. I dreaded old age when I was much younger and felt like I wanted to die off by 50 or so. I'm well over 50 now. I'm in good shape and in good health but not perfect. I'm fully functional and exercise. I'm not as much of a "jock" as I used to be.

Before 50 I was in perfect health and had good looks (that's what others have told me). I'm not as much that way now. I will say that being old is not as bad as I thought it would be. I survived major cancer but I'm still having to take care of it a little bit. And minor health issues have a way of creeping up on me and, when being diagnosed with something, it's a surprise. I had a urinary infection recently and I didn't feel anything wrong. I've been given antibiotics.

I've never been married and no kids. Being at my age now and in that particular status, I feel like my social life has dropped a whole lot. I had more going for me when I younger in my social life than I do now. I guess back then I took what I had for granted. And it's hard to make new friends now. So that part I don't like.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TheGal