Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,941 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jun 30, 2023 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Hi, all. I literally do feel some of your pain. Alas, I didn't teach my sons to help much at home, since I was treated like a slave when I was growing up. They seem to have no inclination to help out, but think I should just hire help. Easier said than done.

So, I can see both sides of the caregiver situation. I'm 68 and my parents are dead. I certainly wouldn't be able to help them, if they were alive, since I need help myself. Would it help to tell a parent about your own health issues? (I played mine up some when my mother was living.)
I see both sides too. Alas, I'm 61 and my parents are long deceased. They didn't discuss ANYTHING of depth with me, their health or whatnot. And did many things behind my back regarding legal stuff. It's also hard for me when doctors ask me stuff like "do you have any family history of _______?" I have to say "I don't know" all the time like an idiot.

I also need help sometimes, but since I'm healthy I'm not seen as "deserving" of any help. Or I'm not "old enough". There are arbitrary age requirements on everything.

People in their 40's - 50's or 60's are considered the "sandwich generation". They are dealing with aging parents while trying to care for their OWN families at the same time. And the US has little support in this area for people. Since I have no family, I don't have to care for anyone but wonder if anyone will care for me, as I age. And having family doesn't guarantee any care either, as it can be dysfunctional/estranged......like mine was in later years especially.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Last edited by nonightowl; Jun 30, 2023 at 01:54 PM..
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, pachyderm, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady