View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Jun 30, 2023 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
I have never had a good experience with recruiters. I think I'm too much of a square peg in the round hole kind of person, as my education and career path have been somewhat non traditional. Also I have gaps on my resume which recruiters have a hard time getting past.

As for the oversharing, yeah, that's not the best. I had an interview coach tell me, "answer the question as succinctly as you can, and then shut up without adding extra detail."
Sounds like you know what I'm talking about with recruiters based on your description of your education and career path. Mine has been the same way - very non-traditional and I also have gaps on my resume, which I agree with you, that recruiters have a hard time getting past.

Recruiter #1 who my BIL just started working with, emailed me today, that she would pass my name on to her administrative recruiter. That's fine. As long as it's not my BIL!

I let recruiter #2 know that my savings have dwindled and I need to find work - any work - before the end of July. Of course, I'm applying for everything that I can think of myself, outside of relying on a recruiter. Hopefully, I'll get a 40 hour a week job by the end of July that allows me to stay afloat.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
splitimage