View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Jun 30, 2023 at 07:11 PM

I am trying the opposite, to increase my coffee consumption because of the benefits of coffee in diabetes and Parkinson's disease prevention (and possibly plain longevity, too).

I do not need coffee, meaning that if it does not give me an energy boost and I do not understand what people who say they depend on caffeine mean.

I grew up drinking tea and had not started drinking coffee until I I was 41 years old, 11 years ago. But then I instantly liked lattes and cappuccinos and several years later developed the love of macchiato. But I do not have a coffee machine at home, nor place in my kitchenette to house one, so I can drink those beverages only at work or in coffee shops. I cannot drink straight coffee as it is too bitter for me; I need some milk in it. Luckily, I do not need any sweetener. I also do not like flavored coffee.

At home, I learned to make pour-over coffee and drink it with milk when I have time for it in the morning. I do not like it as much as I love espresso drinks with milk, but it is good enough and I take my vit D3 and iron pills will it.

I currently drink about 2 cups a day and I am hoping to work it up to 3-4 to increase the preventative benefits.

I do not drink coffee after 3PM after one psychiatrist told me so when I was just beginning to drink coffee.
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
nonightowl