Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,875 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jul 01, 2023 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
snip: I am trying the opposite, to increase my coffee consumption because of the benefits of coffee in diabetes and Parkinson's disease prevention (and possibly plain longevity, too).

I do not need coffee, meaning that if it does not give me an energy boost and I do not understand what people who say they depend on caffeine mean.

Luckily, I do not need any sweetener. I also do not like flavored coffee.

I do not drink coffee after 3PM after one psychiatrist told me so when I was just beginning to drink coffee.

I didn't know this about coffee, but I have heard it has some benefits. It does give me an energy boost which is why I drink a mug every morning. Really feel the effects if I don't have it, such as when I have to fast for a lab test.

I can't drink it black, ever. Too bitter---I have to have Truvia or sugar and either cream or milk. The latter isn't as rich. I love flavored coffees too. And there's nothing like the aroma of brewing coffee, especially on a chilly morning.

No way I can drink it after lunchtime or I'll be awake all night. When much younger, I could have coffee (or caffeine, like a soda) anytime of the day or night and it wouldn't keep me up. Same with sweets. I might have posted this, but as teenager I used to snack on frosted cake and coffee at 9pm and sleep like a log.

Doing that now would have me up for days.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote