Thread: People Suck
View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,644 hugs
given
Default Jul 03, 2023 at 04:57 AM

My mom's therapist once told her that most people are a-holes. And, in my own life, I have unfortunately found this to be true.

My rose colored glasses about people being good have finally fallen off. I used to believe the best in others. I used to be super naive. Not anymore.

I've had run-ins with multiple narcissists, those with NPD, and those who are simply just narcissistic. I've also had run-ins with other people who lack certain social graces, common courtesy, and let's just say, class.

My most recent run-in was with a woman I hardly knew who invited me away for a weekend of concerts for two days and two nights.

The first day was fine. On the second day, she exploded on me in a rage over absolutely NOTHING. I simply had told her that we needed to move spots, because staff was telling us to move, and that incited her rage towards me.

I tried to calm her down and reason with her at first, which only just enraged her further.

After a while, I got mad in response because it was a concert after all and she wasn't listening to reasoning OR calming down. So I eventually called her a biatch, and that caused her to abandon me for the rest of the concert.

She blames me for this entire incident, while completely denying her part in it.

I figured it out that she has NPD, and that it was narcissistic rage I experienced. Her recent ex boyfriend confirmed with me after this incident that she had done the same exact thing to him, multiple times, and over seemingly nothing.

I have 2 other girlfriends who show narcissistic traits. They both lack empathy and exert a sense of superiority over me. They both behave as though I know nothing about life, and they know everything and must educate me. These 2 women I've known for 30 years, or since college, and we're the same exact age.

Then someone else, a man, became sexually aggressive towards me at another concert I was recently attending. And he's married.

I am tired of running into people with no morals or ethics and people who are NPD and narcissistic. It just seems to be everywhere I go.. there seems to be no shortage of toxic people in this world.

I may try and branch out to meet other kinds of people. I need new people, new scenery, and healthier activities. I have been socializing in a specific type of music scene, basically a drug infested music scene, and I don't think that's where I will find the kinds of friendships I seek.

But right now, it's a very lonely place I am in. I have just 2 close girlfriends who have my back at all times and who are not what I describe above. I have a few other looser friendships that are not what I describe, but really when it comes down to it, I have 2 close friends right now, and it feels pretty darned lonely.

All of this crap makes me want to recoil from life and people. I am tired, and I don't need it.

Can anyone else relate to what I am describing?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Albatross2008, MrAbbott, nonightowl, Samicat, stahrgeyzer