Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,045 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Crazy Jul 03, 2023 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
I guess I'm already there now. I dreaded old age when I was much younger and felt like I wanted to die off by 50 or so. I'm well over 50 now. I'm in good shape and in good health but not perfect. I'm fully functional and exercise. I'm not as much of a "jock" as I used to be.

Before 50 I was in perfect health and had good looks (that's what others have told me). I'm not as much that way now. I will say that being old is not as bad as I thought it would be. I survived major cancer but I'm still having to take care of it a little bit. And minor health issues have a way of creeping up on me and, when being diagnosed with something, it's a surprise. I had a urinary infection recently and I didn't feel anything wrong. I've been given antibiotics.

I've never been married and no kids. Being at my age now and in that particular status, I feel like my social life has dropped a whole lot. I had more going for me when I younger in my social life than I do now. I guess back then I took what I had for granted. And it's hard to make new friends now. So that part I don't like.
Could have written this, most of it anyway but was never a jock since I'm female. I didn't dread getting older when younger because it seemed so far away. Well I'm there. Like you I'm functional and in decent health, but since the US has such poor safety nets for people, especially seniors, I worry about what happens when I'm even older. No family to care for me, but family doesn't guarantee anything either.

True it is harder to make friends as one gets older, and I know I've posted in your threads about "substandard" friends. I also took what I had for granted when much younger, and had way more going for me. I also bought into the mindset if someone works hard and plays by the rules, you'll be successful. What BS. I see that now. It's not that simple. Nothing is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sito View Post
Do you guys feel anxious, worry about growing old?

I just feel scared shitless. I don't know how to to cope with it

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Yeah, I do too. And it scares me too. It's not just about trying to stay healthy, it's about much more. Ageism is rampant though people will say that's just a myth.

Older people aren't accommodated much, unless one has an obvious disability and even then, it is hard to get the assistance.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, mar dhea, TheGal, will19

Thanks for this!
rechu, will19