View Single Post
Albatross2008
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
352 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 03, 2023 at 05:56 PM

This also came up in another discussion on a different part of the internet. I mentioned "they start doing XYZ just because you mentioned you don't like XYZ" as a red flag behavior.

My ex-husband found out I was afraid of snakes, so when he happened to catch one, he deliberately snuck up on me with it. Thought it would be funny to watch me freak out and scream and panic and hyperventilate. Doesn't matter if the snake was a harmless variety, that is sadistic. On another occasion, I didn't want to go swimming in the canal behind our house because I knew it to be infested with water moccasins. This was Florida. I wasn't being irrational; it actually was. Moccasins had been seen in that very body of water. His reaction when I didn't want to go swimming with him? He pushed me in. When I reacted in terror and swam for the shore as fast as I could, he got mad at me and told me I was boring and never wanted to do anything fun.

Yep, "I don't like XYZ." -- "Great, then I'll be sure and do XYZ," was everything he was all about. But you will notice, I said "ex"-husband.

He was also big on tickling me just because I didn't like to be tickled. So were a few other family members, none of whom I go anywhere near nowadays.
Albatross2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Bill3