Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,644 hugs
given
Question Jul 04, 2023 at 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I think you are right that it’s that particular scene that causes these problems as it’s not common to run into that many poorly behaved unstable people in other places. Likely abuse of various substances contributes to these outrageous behaviors. I go to all kind of places and the only time I ever run into horrible behaviors is when alcohol/pot/drugs are involved and on occasion it could happen in the most upscale venues in the middle of the day if people partake in substances-witnessed that!

Having said that I don’t think you must quit music. There are music scenes that are way more appropriate. You recently went to a brewery with music scene and seem to enjoy it? Were they better behaved?

Of course there are jerks in every walk of life. The way to avoid them is to take it slow getting to know them. I bet if you took time to get to know that awful woman, you’d never go on trips with her. If you take your time getting to know people before you go places with them or invite them over etc you’ll avoid many issues. It might appear that people all suck but of course only some do, but you can avoid them

I say two good friends is a good start and honestly two decent people is better than 20 terrible ones!
The scene at the brewery was very fun and without incident!

No, I don't have to quit music entirely, but as soon as I get a job, I will branch out into other social scenes like meetups and outdoor groups.

Yeah, that recent horrible woman truly took the cake. I mean, to be miles away from home and abandoned at a concert was horrific. Had I known this about her, I never would have agreed to go.

I feel lucky to have the 2 good friends that I do have. There are other friends of course, but these 2 women I talk to the most and regularly.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jul 04, 2023 at 04:12 AM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Samicat