Member Since Jul 2008
6,927 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jul 05, 2023 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorPlate108 View Post
Yes, this. ^

I've never been much of a planner, because life has taken me where it wants to go, rather than the other way around.

That's not to say that I don't work toward goals or have structure, it's more of an adaptation to go with the flow. It rarely feels set in stone and like something I feel confident counting on coming to pass.

Maybe this is something different, but I've always ascribed to the notion of "not all who wander are lost."

FWIW, I grew up in a very chaotic home, so can see this as an effect of constantly being in survival mode.

I only plan short term, such as what I want or need to do today or this week. For me life has taken me where it wants also, now where I want to go.

I've heard the expression "not all who wander are lost". But also heard "He who hesitates is lost." Contradicting, in a way.

My environment growing up was very structured and routine, very unlike real life. They sheltered me way too much. You can't always keep things structured and orderly in life, which is what I found out the hard way. I'm not good with change and the constant adaptation is draining. Yeah this is how our species survived, with adaptation. But it's always a struggle.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448, ArmorPlate108, Fuzzybear