View Single Post
black-roses
Account Suspended

Member Since Dec 2015
119 hugs
given
Default Jul 06, 2023 at 12:10 AM

Also I'm not nearly thirty I'm 26 years old..also with the moving out that's a cultural thing that in Portuguese culture they don't just throw out there daughter or sons when there 18 but want them to be married before that. So it's very usual for people to still live with their parents at 30 and 40 years old. It's just a cultural thing you forget that I am an immigrant from Portugal with two Portuguese parents so me being moved out by 18 is not traditional at all. It doesn't mean it's bad or a lazy way of parenting that's just how Portuguese parenting works. Also my mother wouldn't want me to move out anyway so there's that need to stay there but people don't understand that it's a cultural thing that why I haven't thought of moving out until now. Again it's purely cultural my family is of different culture so the family dynamic is very different. These kids moving out at 18 ready or not is an Australian and American way of parenting but you forget that I may live in Australia but have a different background. That's just how they parent and doesn't mean it's bad or wrong. Just that it's tradition. So really she's not going to let me move out until I prove to her I have those skills.
black-roses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote