View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,443 hugs
given
Default Jul 06, 2023 at 12:36 AM

He sounds insecure. It also sounds like he was attempting to reassure himself by ploughing through any boundaries you might have to see what he could get away with. In his mind, the more he could get away with, the more he felt reassured that you weren't going to leave him. Also, I think this roughness and aggressiveness was him subjecting you to some punishment as his retaliation for him feeling rejected at some level.

This guy's got "issues," and any woman who stays with him is probably going to deal with a bunch of unpleasant drama. I think you've done well to move on away from this relationship.

It can be rewarding to stand by someone who is earnestly trying to work out some issues. That's not where he's coming from. He was just venting his frustrations toward you, in what I would call hostile behavior. I would have been tempted to slug this guy. There's an angry part of him that wants to dominate and humiliate. Not my cup of tea. He's destined for problems in life. Chalk it up as a lesson learned. It does take time to know someone. How someone behaves when they are worked up is very revealing. You deserve better than what he put you through.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote