View Single Post
smallpotato

Member Since Jul 2023
Default Jul 06, 2023 at 04:15 PM

I was mistreated by a patient relations representative and since that I’ve been cycling panic/anxiety attacks and crying spells for about a week. I’m barely sleeping now. Im barely eating. I would say for the past week it’s about an hour or two between these attacks which last about 10-20 min each. Past few days about once a day I have a sharp electrical jowl pain for a few minutes but it subsides. I’m also enraged sometimes.

Im on a biologic medicine for crohns and ulcerative colitis (both) and nurses have been negligent in my care, even admitted that for months when I started this treatment that I wasn’t assigned a nurse so my calls went to no one.

I don’t want to be on any psych meds because this is the first time I feel like I’m in complete remission in over 7 years and I’m worried a medication will be too much for kidneys/liver. I have had kidney issues/infection-previously, likely aggravated from complications with psych meds and my condition and previous meds for my condition .

It’s the panic attacks that need to stop. I’m scared to go because of medicine but I’m scared not to go because I can’t control these attacks anymore.

I’m so close to an intake appointment which is tomorrow but I don’t know if I should wait or go. Because this all stems from negligence with a hospital, gaslighting appointments that never actually get made, and because of some explicit harassment from the patient relations, it becomes really hard to convince myself to go. It would be a different hospital system though.
smallpotato is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote