View Single Post
Samicat
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2023
1,590 hugs
given
Default Jul 07, 2023 at 02:04 AM

May I ask are you going to bed very late, or sleeping for a long time? I have struggled my whole life with getting out of bed in the morning (or sometimes afternoon) and even now I am semi-retired and get up from 10 am to 11 am and some people seem to see this as a moral failing that I'm not jumping out of bed at 6am. I've always been a night person and I'm not sure why. But even if I went to bed early, I tended to sleep late.

It must be very difficult for you to be living with your mom if she screams at you like that. I assume she is worried that you are sleeping late? Or is it some other reason.

Are you personally wanting to get up earlier? I'm interested in why you think you are sleeping late. Oversleeping can definitely be part of a mental illness so I'm not sure why she thinks you are "lazy." Would she think you were lazy for wanting to stay in bed if you had epilepsy? What about MS? Is it because she thinks you don't really have a serious illness?

I was on Abilify for a while and woke every morning at dawn. It just somehow reset my biological clock. It was interesting to realize that I wasn't somehow morally deficient for sleeping late - it was just my circadian rhythm. It worked for years but unfortunately I had to come off it because it ended up having other side effects.

Last edited by FooZe; Jul 08, 2023 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Administrative edit to bring within guidelines
Samicat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MrAbbott

Thanks for this!
MrAbbott