View Single Post
MrAbbott

Member Since Jul 2022
148 hugs
given
Default Jul 07, 2023 at 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samicat View Post
May I ask are you going to bed very late, or sleeping for a long time? I have struggled my whole life with getting out of bed in the morning (or sometimes afternoon) and even now I am semi-retired and get up from 10 am to 11 am and some people seem to see this as a moral failing that I'm not jumping out of bed at 6am. I've always been a night person and I'm not sure why. But even if I went to bed early, I tended to sleep late.

It must be very difficult for you to be living with your mom if she screams at you like that. I assume she is worried that you are sleeping late? Or is it some other reason.

Are you personally wanting to get up earlier? I'm interested in why you think you are sleeping late. Oversleeping can definitely be part of a mental illness so I'm not sure why she thinks you are "lazy." Would she think you were lazy for wanting to stay in bed if you had epilepsy? What about MS? Is it because she thinks you don't really have a serious illness?

I was on Abilify for a while and woke every morning at dawn. It just somehow reset my biological clock. It was interesting to realize that I wasn't somehow morally deficient for sleeping late - it was just my circadian rhythm. It worked for years but unfortunately I had to come off it because it ended up having other side effects.

Hey samicat, I appreciate what you did there, truly .

Of course I'd like to wake up earlier and be considered a successful or even an "average" individual to everybody, things just got a bit complicated I'm afraid... My energy and motivation have been lower in the past though, I still have some hope I can turn things around in September, tweaking my meds and pushing for a new job - maybe even trying to find a local support group, my social life is dead at the present moment.

I can understand my mother: psychosis, mania, depression... those are difficult things to digest, it's not hard to get overwhelmed and sometimes ignoring it all is the first reaction, but... she should know the name of the game by now, after these many years. I just wished she stopped yelling, blaming and dennying that's all (it should be clear I'm not making things up, despite I don't have a wheelchair to show).

(I mostly wrote this post because I wondered how other chat members interacted with their loved ones when they kinda depend on them like me... sorry I took some space to vent and complain XD)

Cheers.Tc.

Invega 3mg
Depakine 800mg
Plenur 400mg

Last edited by FooZe; Jul 08, 2023 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Administrative edit (to quote only)
MrAbbott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna