View Single Post
JustTotallyLost

Member Since Jul 2023
138 hugs
given
Default Jul 07, 2023 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I guess your wife is judging from where she is at now and not so much where you are at. That tends to happen at the ages you both are at.
I think so. She told me today that she felt that our marriage of 8 years was "totally finished" about 4 years ago, but she didn't know how to end it and couldn't afford to survive on just her own income. So, we stayed together and kept working towards our mutual goals.

I knew something was wrong, but didn't know how to fix me. Eventually, i had a spiritual awakening and was gifted with this incredible awareness of myself and my surroundings. I started going to therapy and things really started improving for us.

However, according to her, by this time she was just exhausted and was "over it," so we never really got the opportunity to enjoy the improvements.

She told me today that she believes we fulfilled a "soul contract" to learn from each other and that once the contract was fulfilled, it was time for us to move on.

We are both in so much better places now than when we met. In 2014, we were both broke and living with friends/relatives. Today, we've achieved incredible goals together.

However, looking back, there were things that just didn't "feel right" between us. She never really loved physical intimacy - she tolerated it. She blames this on a hysterectomy, which is probably a very good possibility. But, nonetheless, i found myself constantly settling in every aspect of my married life and being told it was "her way or the highway," which this tough, little thing used to say often.

We were meant to be together only for a season. I see that now and i am understanding that this is an evolutionary process.

We met, we grew together, we grew apart and now we are moving forward, as separate individuals.

I was devastated when she sent me the cold, heartless breakup text, but now, i understand it.

We have now both prepared each other for the next journey of life.
JustTotallyLost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes