Member Since Jul 2008
7,001 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jul 08, 2023 at 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
snip:
I am starting to wonder if we might make it longer than previous generations. It is a fact that people have noticed on social media that people of this generation look younger. They have guessed it could be due to a reduction in smoking, drinking, and war. Plus we have far more medical advances... so it could be possible that my generation could live 10 years longer then previous ones.
True, there's more medical advances so people live longer. But what about the quality of life, living that long? It's not only about the climate but about the cost of living, mobility issues, etc. $hit happens, and they are always talking about how there's not enough quality care for older people. Or for kids either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
As the saying goes, getting old is better than its alternative. I'm in my late 60's and have a number of health problems, but I'm enjoying life!
I'm sure many others wish they could echo that sentiment, myself included. Getting older in the US isn't fun. There's a kind of denial about it here. "Anti-aging" this and that.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote